Welcome Back to the Labyrinth

"We have been away far too long, my friends," Ashoka declared, his face lit by the eldritch green glow of his staff. "But we have finally returned to the labyrinth whence our adventures first began."

"Just imagine the treasures that lie within," said Yun Tai, flexing his mighty muscles. "Wealth enough to live in luxury the rest of our days."

"And arcane artifacts of great power," added Ashoka his words dripping with avarice. "All ours for the taking!"

"Umm...guys?" Nysa interrupted. "Do you hear something dripping?"

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Otherworld Miniatures Skirmish Game

As is typical of me, although this news has been out for a while, I've only just heard about it: Otherworld Miniatures is producing a tabletop skirmish game!  I thought I'd pass the news along in case there are others, like myself, who remain inexplicably oblivious to various happenings in the gaming world.



The game, which is due to be released this summer, is a small-scale skirmish game using small warbands that can be constructed with a point-buy system using any miniatures in Otherworld's line.  The game will apparently remain true to Otherworld's old school aesthetic, and capture the feel of classic D&D adventures.

I'm obviously pretty excited about this. I've already got a fair-sized collection of pig-faced orcs; more than enough to make a decent warband, and I'm always happy to see another alternative to the increasingly rapacious Games Workshop.

Here's a recent Youtube video interview with Otherworld at UK Games expo from the Duke of Blood Keep.

And here's an older post from last summer with more details about the game from Wargame News and Terrain.

7 comments:

Sean Robson said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be out this summer.

Gothridge Manor said...

Sounds interesting. Thanks Sean!

Lasgunpacker said...

Ah, see I did not know about this (I gave up on reading Frothers), and yes, it is very interesting.

The Happy Whisk said...

Wanted to stop in and see if you were still blogging. Hope all is well on your end.

Sean Robson said...

Hi Whisk, thanks for checking in. I've been focusing on my fiction writing and publishing for the last little while, and blogging has fallen by the wayside for the time being. I'll be keeping my blogs live in case I feel the urge to start posting more regularly again. Cheers! Sean.

The Happy Whisk said...

Okay, good to know. I was cleaning up my blogroll from dead blogs. I'll add you back on.

Are you enjoying your fiction writing and will you write about that on another blog?

If so, for sure let me know, as I'd be interested to read about your adventures.

Sean Robson said...

Hi Whisk,

Yes, my personal blog seanprobson.blogspot.ca is where I talk about all things fiction: writing, publishing, book reviews, etc.

Cheers!