Welcome Back to the Labyrinth

"We have been away far too long, my friends," Ashoka declared, his face lit by the eldritch green glow of his staff. "But we have finally returned to the labyrinth whence our adventures first began."

"Just imagine the treasures that lie within," said Yun Tai, flexing his mighty muscles. "Wealth enough to live in luxury the rest of our days."

"And arcane artifacts of great power," added Ashoka his words dripping with avarice. "All ours for the taking!"

"Umm...guys?" Nysa interrupted. "Do you hear something dripping?"

Monday, June 21, 2010

Oh, the Carnage!

My long-awaited and much-procrastinated kitchen renovation began today and in the morning I'm off with my family to a cabin at Whiteshell Provincial Park for the rest of the week to avoid being underfoot whilst construction is going on.  The contractors told me, this afternoon, that this is the most difficult kitchen they've ever had to demolish, which is supported by the loud crashing, hammering and not-infrequent swearing coming from the kitchen all day.


 This entirely vindicates my decision to hire professionals for this job and not attempt to do the work myself in a misguided demonstration of manliness that most likely would have taken me three weeks and resulted in one or more trips to the emergency room.

So, I'm fleeing to the wilderness and I'm not taking any electronic doo-wackies with me so I won't be making any more posts until the weekend, at least, and there won't be a weird wonder this week.  I've been assured that the new cabinetry will be installed by the time I get back, but I'm skeptical - I'm just not that lucky.

1 comment:

Shane Mangus said...

Have a great trip. Be safe, and have fun!